Blog Post Seven – Steve Green and The Elevators

In the beginning of the spring semester, I had the pleasure to enjoy a great night of music on Monday, January 30th. The songs were performed by a group I had previously not heard of called Steve Green and The Elevators. The main artist of the group was the talented Steve Green, who was accompanied by a few other brilliant musicians to form one interesting night of entertainment. I had such a great time listening to them that night because their music incorporated all different types of styles. These styles included jazz, rock, hip-hop, gospel, and much more that surprisingly when all came together were actually quite good!

I felt so inclined to see them that night for the reason that I wanted to broaden my taste in music. The other reason was that I used to play the electric guitar before I came to college. I was hoping that from watching others play an instrument I used to take so much pride in, would spark my interest to play again, which it did. However, although the event did spark my interest to pick up my guitar again, I was more inspired to play the music I initially loved, instead of the new music I was exposed to that night. In the end though, the crowd and I still really enjoyed the songs that were played for us and I encourage others to visit their website http://www.myspace.com/stevgreenandtheelevators and take pleasure in their music.