Blog Post Eight – Keeping in Shape at Stockton

The day I decided to go to the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey I could not have been more excited and thrilled. However, no matter where I was going I dreaded gaining the Freshman Fifteen because I would be dorming, as well as getting a meal plan. At first, I was nervous about the choices I would make because of the Dunkin’ Donuts, Chick-Flit-A, Johnny Rockets, and Primo’s Pizza. However, after adjusting to my first semester here, I realized that it was possible for me to still maintain my weight, while enjoying my college experience.

By working for the Athletic Department, I became aware of the different services available to members of Stockton Community. I was introduced to the fitness coordinator, nutritionist and to the programs I can take in part in throughout the semesters here. My favorite fitness programs are Yoga and Boxercise! They are so much fun, yet I am still able to get a good workout. As a result of visiting the fitness coordinator, I had a fitness assessment completed to find out what areas I should work on while visiting the gym upstairs in the Sports Center. After visiting the nutritionist, I figured out that I can still work with my meal plan to maintain a healthy diet, while still enjoying the other treats, such as a delicious cookies-n-cream milk shake from Johnny Rockets, every once in a while.