ChoreoProject 33

This past Sunday, December 4th 2011, I saw the ChoreoProject 33 at Stockton College. The performance was at 3:00 p.m. in the Experimental Theatre. ChoreoProject is many individual dances choreographed and danced by students in The Stockton Dance Company. Each dancer choreographs a solo, duet, or trio and the ChoreoProject showcases what they have made. This was another performance I was required to see for my dance class and I am extremely thankful that I went. Stockton has so many talented students and the dancers were no exception. Seeing what they created was very interesting. They not only choreographed the dances but also chose their own music, costume, and light design. Some of the movements were so simple but were conveyed powerfully because of the intensity in either the music or lighting. The overall style of dance was modern, which is a free type of dance that is meant to express emotion and inner feelings. The dances each portrayed completely different moods. The last dance of the performance was an upbeat group number that allowed you to leave on a happy note. It was a great experience and I will definitely be seeing it the next time it comes around.

-Victoria Starner