Undergraduates Enrolling in American Studies Courses:
- Advanced undergraduates who have completed a minimum of 96 undergraduate credits and have an overall GPA of at least 3.5 are eligible to enroll in an AMST course. Undergraduates need the permission of the MAAS Program Director, the AMST instructor, and Dean of Graduate and Continuing Studies to take an AMST course for credit. Student will receive a POI, or Permission of Instructor, electronically to register for an AMST course.
- Full-time undergraduate students who enroll in AMST graduate courses will be charged flat-rate undergraduate tuition and fees plus a surcharge of $100 per credit for the graduate courses they take.
- An AMST course taken for credit by undergraduate students will count as upper-division undergraduate credit. Consult your preceptor to determine your allocation of credits.
- Undergraduates will receive three (3) undergraduate credits each for AMST course they take.
- An AMST course taken by an undergraduate can be counted toward the required credits needed for the MA degree in American Studies if the student has earned a B or better. These credits are counted toward the nine (9) allowed transfer credits.
Check the graduate school web site for the “Graduate Course Access Form” for the proper procedures to complete when considering this opportunity.