Transfer Credits

With the approval of the American Studies program director, M.A. students may take up to three graduate courses (nine credits) in another Stockton graduate program for elective credit and Certificate students may take up to 1 graduate course (three credits) outside
of American Studies.

Students need to earn a B or higher for class credit to transfer to American Studies. Courses should have been taken in the last decade. Students must produce a transcript and also written documentation that the course they took was at the graduate level.

Credits earned from other Stockton graduate programs, as well as from American Studies courses taken prior to matriculation in the program are treated as transfer credits; the combined credits from transfer courses, graduate coursework in other Stockton graduate programs, and courses taken as a non-matriculated student may not exceed nine credits for M.A. students and 3 credits for Certificate students.