Out Of Eden Walk

Hey Everyone!

Today I am going to be talking about three points I visited on the National Geographic website for the Out Of Eden Walk. If you want to visit any of the mentioned places they will be linked if you click on the milestone number.  If you want to explore different places of your own… the main website is linked here https://www.nationalgeographic.org/projects/out-of-eden-walk/

The first place I visited was Milestone 60:The Teacher. Milestone 60 marked day 2050 and mile 5900 of the journey. When I first read the introduction for this milestone I was taken back by the statement telling the viewer that the rooms they stayed in were like prison cells; though I continued to explore the milestone. Next I looked at the encounters, the encounter was from a retired teacher named Kaptan Singh Rawat. He says that teaching “was good because you are educating someone. Teaching is good for your soul.” These lines warmed my heart because I want to be a teacher and am so passionate about it.

The next place I visited was Milestone 48: Love Songs. Milestone 48 marked day 1653 and mile 4700 of the journey. First I read the introduction, and then went to look through the pictures which amazed me, they are literally out in the middle of nowhere. After that I decided to look at the encounter with Nurperi Orozbayava who is 17 years old and a university student who tracks the animals there. It was interesting to read that she wanted to go to America or Russia.

The last place I visited was Milestone 52: Police. Milestone 52 marked day 1675 and mile 5100 of the journey. At first I read the introduction, looked at the pictures and noticed the different clothing the police there wore compared to the clothing the police wear here in America. I then read the encounter with the police officer, which was short and sweet. The officer said he enjoyed his work because he got to help people.

All of these milestones made me very thankful for where I live and the things I have in life. Seeing many of the pictures not only of these milestones, but some of the other milestones re-ensured that I don’t have it half as bad as I think; even on my worst day someone has it worse than me.

As always, thank you for reading my thoughts. If you get free time be sure to check out some of these milestones and let me know your reactions in the comments.